Thursday, January 25, 2007

Added some new items

First, I got the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player right before the holidays. It's a nice addon. HD-DVD's look great on my setup. My only gripe is that it is having issues with DTS and the audio level is way off. Usually I'd watch a DVD at about -35 to -40dbs using the HD-DVD I have to watch it at -20dbs or higher I even cranked it all the way up to 0dbs and the sound was still horrible. This issue has been discussed over at the AVS boards.

Second, I got my hands on the Wii. Yep I got a Wii! It's very fun to play. I can tell you that you can lose weight playing with this thing. The first day I got it I was playing boxing for Wii sports and I was breaking a sweat and tiring after a few rounds. The next day I noticed my thighs hurting. I don't remember doing anything strenuos. Then it dawned on my that while I was boxing I was in the typical boxing stance with kneens bent and this is where the soreness came from. I've played boxing a tennis so far and love them both. I'll try the other later on.

Third, my palm is dying. I can't figure out for the life of me how to take care on this indoor plant. Yes my plants are real. I've just recently moved it into more sunlight to see if that will wake it up. What I'll try next is to change the soil. Maybe it's too home in my house. I don't know I'll figure it out.

More pics to come shortly.

2 comments:

Jeff Kramer said...

Noc, I have a quick question.

Did you end up selling your old Mitisubishi? If so, did you do it on a site like Ebay?

I have a similar tv right now that I would love to sell to replace it but I have no idea how to do it for any decent amount of money after shipping.

Nocturnalis said...

Jeff

I still have the Mitsi. BOTH of them LOL!

60" 60805
65" 65908 or somthing like that.

I was considdering putting them on ebay but would anyone really buy them? I've tried to search for comparable auction but what I've found was at most 5 auction running with 0 bids. My wife has been telling me for months to just call the Salvation Army to pick them up. Will they even take them. A lot of these non-profit organization are very picky these days. Try to off load a 21" CRT monitor to them and they laugh at you O_o

I guess I'll try to call the Salvation Army in the spring if they won't take it or take too long in getting it I'll put them on the curb for the trashman. I have to get rid of them.